Banana bread is so delicious! It’s a little more bread, a little less sugar, more coarse flour and thus a little different than a nice classic banana cake .
I top it with chocolate and walnuts. But you can freely omit it or you can put the coarsely chopped chocolate and the walnuts in the dough itself instead.
In my family, this banana bread is an eternal hit. It is easy to bake and it is delicious when you just have a few overripe bananas in the fruit bowl and want to bake something beautiful and cozy.
75 g butter, room temperature
70 g cane sugar
0.50 teaspoon vanilla powder
4 bananas, ripe
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
0.50 teaspoon crushed ginger
1 pinch of salt
75 g wholemeal wheat flour
100 g wheat flour
How to Make Banana Bread
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla to a fluffy mass with a hand mixer. Beat an egg in the add aisle until it is completely uniform and stir in the mashed bananas.
- Mix baking powder, cinnamon, crushed ginger, salt, whole wheat flour and wheat flour well in a clean bowl and stir it into the dough with the bananas.
- Put the dough in a greased rye bread tin of 24 x 10 cm, possibly lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees hot air for about 45 minutes. Use a skewer to mark if the banana bread has been baked through.
- Take it out of the mold and let the bread cool on a baking sheet.
- When the banana bread has cooled a bit, spread it with ganache and chopped walnuts.