Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that has been a staple in many households for generations. It’s a hearty and filling dish that is easy to make and can feed a crowd. In Allorecipes post, we will share with you a recipe for making the perfect meatloaf that is moist, flavorful, and sure to become a family favorite.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking sheet and shape it into a loaf.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (70°C).
- Let the meatloaf cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- To add some extra flavor, you can mix in some chopped onions, bell peppers, or mushrooms into the meatloaf mixture.
- For a more moist meatloaf, you can add in some grated zucchini, carrots, or apples.
- Instead of ketchup, you can use BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, or chili sauce as a topping for the meatloaf.
- Leftover meatloaf can be sliced and used as a sandwich filling or crumbled up for a topping on pizza or salad.
In conclusion, meatloaf is a classic comfort food that is easy to make and can be customized to your liking. With its moist and flavorful texture, it’s the perfect dish to warm you up on a cold day. Give this recipe a try and learn how to make the perfect meatloaf that your whole family will love!