Baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. They’re warm, hearty, and easy to make. Plus, there are so many delicious toppings you can add to make them even more satisfying. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a side dish for your next barbecue, baked potatoes are always a good choice.
Here’s how to make the perfect baked potato:
- Russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Toppings of your choice (butter, sour cream, chives, cheese, bacon bits, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Wash your potatoes thoroughly and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Poke several holes in the potatoes with a fork. This will allow steam to escape while they cook.
- Rub each potato with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the insides are tender.
- Once your potatoes are done, it’s time to add your toppings. Start by cutting a slit in the top of each potato and gently squeezing the ends to open it up. Then, add your toppings of choice.
Whether you prefer classic toppings like butter and sour cream, or something more adventurous like chili or salsa, baked potatoes are a versatile and delicious meal that everyone can enjoy. So why not try making them tonight?