Shrimp Scampi is a classic Italian dish that’s loved by seafood enthusiasts all over the world. It’s a simple yet elegant dish that’s perfect for a cozy night in or a fancy dinner party. In Allorecipes post, we’ll share with you an easy-to-follow recipe for this delectable dish.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked
- Start by cooking the linguine according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook until the garlic is fragrant, which should take about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they turn pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth to the skillet and let it cook for about 2 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the cooked linguine to the skillet and toss it with the broth until it’s fully coated.
- Add the cooked shrimp back to the skillet and toss it with the pasta.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley over the top and serve immediately.
- Use fresh, high-quality shrimp for the best flavor.
- Make sure to not overcook the shrimp, as they can become tough and rubbery.
- Feel free to add more or less red pepper flakes depending on your preference for spiciness.
- You can also substitute the linguine with another type of pasta, such as fettuccine or spaghetti.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
In conclusion, Shrimp Scampi is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for any occasion. With this recipe, you can still achieve the rich flavors of Shrimp Scampi without using dry white wine. So go ahead and indulge in the deliciousness of Shrimp Scampi tonight!