Caesar salad is a popular and classic salad that is enjoyed by people of all ages. It is known for its creamy dressing, crunchy croutons, and savory Parmesan cheese. In Allorecipes post, we will share with you a recipe for making a classic Caesar salad that will unleash your inner chef.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce
- Wash and dry the lettuce thoroughly. Chop it into bite-sized pieces and place it in a large salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper. If desired, you can also add in some anchovy paste or Worcestershire sauce for a more intense flavor.
- Pour the dressing over the lettuce and toss until the lettuce is evenly coated.
- Add in the croutons and Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve the salad immediately and enjoy!
- Make your own croutons by cutting up some bread and baking it in the oven with some olive oil and seasonings until crispy.
- To make the salad more filling, you can add in some grilled chicken or shrimp.
- Use a high-quality Parmesan cheese for the best flavor.
- If you want a creamier dressing, you can add in some mayonnaise or Greek yogurt.
In conclusion, Caesar salad is a classic and delicious salad that can be made easily at home. With some fresh lettuce, crunchy croutons, and a savory dressing, you can unleash your inner chef and create a salad that will impress your family and friends. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the rich and flavorful taste of this classic Caesar salad!