There’s nothing like a warm and hearty beef stew to warm you up on a cold day. And what’s better than a recipe that’s easy to make and can be cooked in a slow cooker? In Allorecipes post, we’ll share with you a recipe for making a delicious and easy slow cooker beef stew.
- 2 lbs. beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef cubes and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a slow cooker.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Stir everything together to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours, or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
- Serve the beef stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
- Use beef chuck for this recipe, as it’s a tough cut that becomes tender and flavorful when cooked slowly.
- Brown the beef before adding it to the slow cooker to add extra flavor and texture to the stew.
- You can add other vegetables to the stew, such as mushrooms, peas, or green beans.
- If the stew is too thin, you can thicken it with a slurry made of cornstarch and water.
In conclusion, this slow cooker beef stew recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor. It’s a perfect meal to warm you up on a cold day or to enjoy as a comforting dinner. Give it a try and enjoy the warm, hearty, and easy slow cooker beef stew!