Chicken noodle soup is a classic comfort food that’s perfect for chilly days or when you’re feeling under the weather. This homemade recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor. In Allorecipes post, we’ll go over how to make the perfect chicken noodle soup that will warm your soul.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz egg noodles
- In a large pot, add the chicken breasts and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and let cool. Once cool enough to handle, shred the chicken into small pieces using two forks.
- In the same pot, add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir well and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the egg noodles to the pot and let cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot and stir well.
- Remove the bay leaf from the pot.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- If you don’t have chicken broth, you can use water instead and add a chicken bouillon cube for flavor.
- You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for a richer flavor.
- Add some chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or dill, for a pop of freshness.
- For a healthier version, use whole wheat egg noodles or zucchini noodles instead of regular egg noodles.
- To save time, you can use pre-cooked shredded chicken or a rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your own chicken.
In conclusion, chicken noodle soup is a classic comfort food that’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion. With this recipe, you’ll be able to create a flavorful and hearty soup that will warm your soul. So why not give it a try and enjoy a bowl of homemade goodness?